As teachers and practitioners, a sustainable, life-long yoga practice is something we all desire. Combining yogic wisdom with science-based movement (such as biomechanics and kinesiology) is a great way to ensure a balanced, health-affirming experience on the mat! This module will offer clear, practical ways to increase stability, mobility and strength in the practice of yoga. You will broaden your knowledge and perspective, drawing from movement science to help you connect with yoga in a whole new way.
Topics will include:
• examining where classical asana meets scientific research and how to incorporate best-practices into your teaching and practice
• dispelling myths and misinformation around core training, and understanding the core from a functional perspective
• strengthening core movements, postures, and sequencing for a core yoga class
• creative, effective ways to incorporate basic props and tools into class (blocks, blankets, bolsters, bands, straps, light weights)
• corrective exercises, asana, breathing and lifestyle changes to prevent pelvic floor disfunction
• learn how some postures can be used as assessments revealing weakness, compensation or limitations
• improve accuracy in cueing and learn creative ways to include whole-body strength and stability in your classes and private sessions
This knowledge will take your teaching to the next level, and allow you to help your students find true balance through yoga.